The following is from a prayer bulletin recently sent out. Please be praying…
The people of Burma (Myanmar) need your continued prayers! The situation in the aftermath of Cyclone Nargis is still extremely serious.
The electricity and water situation in Yangon has improved. However, large areas in the Delta area, south west of Yangon have still not received any help. The military continue to restrict access to hardest hit areas. Aid workers are still being turned back at check points.
We don’t want to draw attention to any specific activity, but there are people on the ground trying to help. They need your prayers for stamina. There is a huge need for counselling both of victims and for people who have seen things that are disturbing.
- Donated high energy biscuits and materials are being sold in the markets. People are angry!
- Pray for aid to get to where it is needed.
- Desperation and hunger are increasing the risk for those distributing help. Pray for their safety!
- Many Christians lived in the affected areas. Pray for your brothers and sisters!
- Pray that the Church will have the freedom and the resources to demonstrate the love of Christ.
- Pray that out of their desperation and sense of helplessness, many will call out to Lord for help.